I Does This For Free

What's up? Since you're here, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you know me and skip introductions. I've been claiming that I'll get a blog up for quite some time and it has finally happened. I hope you find what brought you here, or something you like. Be sure to leave feedback or whatever, because I'm self conscious. Remember though, you're welcome to disagree with my opinions and we can talk about it, but you gotta respect 'em, and I'll do the same with yours. They're opinions, mine are based on my experiences... you didn't have those. So, now that I've gotten all of that out of the way, take a look, take a read, leave a comment.

*Disclaimer: Any of the posts you see here do not reflect the opinions of anyone but the author unless otherwise noted.

I have to say this because my job makes me. Assuming, you know, that I'm employed.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lil' Music Update

I know, it's been a minute, and I'm sorry.  Definitely got a little behind on the writing, but I'm working on that...  Anyway, got some new singles for y'all since that's the easiest thing for me to get back in the groove.  We'll call it the fall season kick off



Clique - Kanye West ft. Big Sean & Jay-Z

My favorite song of the minute.  The beats dope and it puts me in a good mood.  Hit Boy did his thing on this, and the hook is catchy as hell.  I mean, I think my friends are cool, so ain't nobody fuckin' with my clique *Big Sean voice* either.


Cashed Out - Lil' Wayne

If you remember that "Mixtape Wayne" doesn't rap about shit and just go with it for the word play? Pssh... This track fire.  Caught myself laughing at a punchline and missing the next punchline more than once.  Obviously not the most complex bars, but who needs that all the time?  And it's over the Cashin' Out beat, so even if you don't like the bars, you can just listen to the track and do the money dance I guess.


Pain - Pusha T ft. Future

"Witchdoctor Gospel Flow" - Pusha T.  That's what he called it over Twitter and it's dope.  Well named.  I'm not big fan of Future, but he adds the right amount of darkness to this Kanye West beat.  Pusha with the good visual bars - "Mama screamin' like Mahalia" (Jackson, the queen of gospel) and other cocaine based flows.  Really dark tales of coke stories.  It's what Pusha does well, and this is an exhibition of that.


Refill - Elle Varner

The strings from the beginning of the song are what got me initially.  But the story of the song is good (go ahead and listen to it yourself, that's why I put the link there) and the hook, again is catchy.  I just like it and put it on repeat occasionally, so I put it here.




Young Jeezy - Get Right

Just heard this for the first time today.  Kinda feels like something in the vein of "Go Crazy".  Put it on at your party and watch the dope boys go crazy, to quote an earlier Jeezy song.  Hopefully this means an album is coming soon.  Jeezy got them crazy motivational flows.  Actually, all I really need from Jeezy is an Intro and few songs like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment