I Does This For Free

What's up? Since you're here, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you know me and skip introductions. I've been claiming that I'll get a blog up for quite some time and it has finally happened. I hope you find what brought you here, or something you like. Be sure to leave feedback or whatever, because I'm self conscious. Remember though, you're welcome to disagree with my opinions and we can talk about it, but you gotta respect 'em, and I'll do the same with yours. They're opinions, mine are based on my experiences... you didn't have those. So, now that I've gotten all of that out of the way, take a look, take a read, leave a comment.

*Disclaimer: Any of the posts you see here do not reflect the opinions of anyone but the author unless otherwise noted.

I have to say this because my job makes me. Assuming, you know, that I'm employed.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Quick Game 1 Thoughts

Just some things I noticed from Game 1 of the NBA Finals last night and will probably use to start conversations around the office today:

  • The Thunder did what they were supposed to do by winning G1.  There's a reason you play to do well in the regular season, to get big games against great teams at home.  The Thunder are a great team, and so are the Heat.  They'll figure it out.  But OKC had to get that one at home.
  • The OKC crowd is DOPE!!!  It was loud the whole game and looked like no one left even though the home squad was up double digits with minutes to go.  Great vibe
  • LeBron scored 7 points in the 4th quarter, like that's not enough.  What he probably needed was some of the same help he got in the 1st half.
  • DWade can't take 19 shots to score 19 points.  Nope, can't happen.
  • CoachSpo put vice grips on the rotation.  What did he play, 6 guys?
  • KD is a beast.  I know, preaching to the choir.  Can't wait to see if he can put on that type of performance to hush a Miami crowd, which, let's be honest, won't need much help to clam up.  They don't seem to get too into the games.  Maybe they should pump in noise like they do at arenas for WWE. 
  • And I'm sure Skip Bayless and others will rip LeBron for not asking to cover KD in the 4th.  Chill.  It's game one.  Who busts spades with the Ace? Just saying.
That's about it.  G2 is Thursday night.  My prediction:  OKC 94-91.  The defense will pick up and the Heat will limit the fast break opps.  LeBron + Bosh - 50 points.  Harden will have a much bigger impact than his 22 minutes and 5 points, I'm thinking 17-20, and will come up with a late game play at the expense of Mario Chalmers.  I just think Chalmers has a gaffe in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment